On 6/6/07, Mark Szymanski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Message: 3
> Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 19:24:08 -0400
> From: Patrick Shanahan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] About the replies to this list
> To: gimp-user@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU
>
> * Victor Domingos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [06-05-07 19:12]:
>
>> But when I do a replay-all, the author will get two copies of the
>> message, since he/she is both in the To: and the Cc: fields right?
>> (he's in the Cc: among the mailing list subscribers, I mean) I
>> confess I usually don't use the replay-all button because I guess
>> that it would have that effect.
>>

> Get a mail client that has a reply-to-list function.  Maybe even
> answers questions after they are asked, insead of before  :^
It seems different lists have a different behavior. I use Thunderbird,
and in replying to this list, it put "gimp-user@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU"
in the "To:" field without including any others in the "CC:" fields. On
another list, I get the Sender in the "To:" field and the list address
in the "CC:" field. I simply click the cursor in the "To:" field,
backspace it all the way out with one last time to delete the "To:"
field, drop to the "CC:" field and change it to "To:" and it works
perfectly, no sending two emails to the sender just one to the list.
Yes, it is a little more trouble, but you'd be surprised how easy it is
to make it a habit.

For what it is worth, I forward my email to gmail, and it seems to handle it
fine. Reply adds the user in the To: field and the list in the CC: field,
I for one appreciate getting it directly to me, as it is easier to recognize
a response to my  question.

--
Anthony Ettinger
Ph: 408-656-2473