Hello everyone,

i use gimp quite regurarly but i have a problem with color correction.

In fact, with some digital photo i make, my camera ( and not only mine,
i have tried other cameras and they all have the same problem ) creates
a very innatural shade of what i would call green ( see sample ).

I know it is a false color since it appears very strange for me that i
have seen the real one, and also i have tried with a traditional camera
with several slide films ( both fuji and kodak of various kinds ) and it is
very different from the digital one.

A sample of the problem:
http://www.webalice.it/giulio.canevari/tmp/IMG_1348.JPG ( 4.8 MB, if someone
wants a resized one let me know and i'll provide ).

The official logo on the web, with the right shade of green:
http://www.ferroviedellostato.it/ffss/img/Logo.gif

As you can see, the difference is huge.

A photo with the right green:
http://www.photorail.com/phr3-gli%20updates/images/5fotomese/6683112exxx-040706torralba.jpg

I have asked here and there but after all a friend of mine has showed me
how to fix this color, but he knows only photoshop.

In fact, he adds a color correction layer, and adding black to the cyan
channel seems to fix the problem.

Is there a simple way to do this with the gimp??

Thank you in advance.
--
Giulio Canevari

Vuoi rendere inaccessibili agli altri i tuoi documenti riservati?
Prova Ksek! Il potente software di cifratura di Interfree.

Scopri le sue funzionalita': http://ksek.interfree.it/

Lo Staff di Interfree