>Hi !
>
>Just one comment, before you try to change any colour...
>
>To my mind your picture is over exposed, I think your canon EOS 350D  allows
>you
>to control the exposure... so try it ! I think you were in an
>automatic mode that has measured the overall luminosity looking at the
>center of the picture and unfortunately, this center is dark compared to
>the rest of the picture... you probably have other modes... or you can
>try to use manual mode...

Thank you for the reply. Ok, that is a first point, btw photo is not mine.
Anyway ok, if i set -1/3 or -2/3 the color shift is sometimes ( let's say 25%
of the times ) less noticeable.

>I just downloaded your picture and played with the luminosity and
>contrast (the most simple thing we can do, I think!) in gimp and I
>obtain "approximatively" the same colour you have in the logo... (I
>don't have checked the result looking at the precise colour with gimp
>but just comparing by eye).

Could you please tell me what values have you used?

Here i have tried for example -30 lum and + 15 contrast, and the result is
still much less green and much more cyan than the real one. I am not able to
mathematically measure it, unfortunatly, but believe me.

>An other point is that the picture you take as a reference is, to my  mind an
>other time... too blue. Perhaps the green is correct? but the
>overall colour seems to be blue...

I have seen it too. The strange rectangular table with a shape in the front of
the train ( over the left red light ) contains, together with the orange slice,
a pure black and a pure white, so yes, it is too blue.

But balancing color like i often do ( i use curves, picking the near white
color, and i put r,g and b channels all the same value, and the same for near
black ) still have the "green" problem that is false.

By the way, this strange color cast happens only with trains of this color (
99% ;) ), all other things have not this problem or at least it is not
noticeable.

I have upped 2 more samples: one that has the right green (
http://www.webalice.it/giulio.canevari/tmp/ALe582-zzz-MilanoGrecoPirelli-19052007-IMG_8443.JPG
 ) and one with the wrong color (
http://www.webalice.it/giulio.canevari/tmp/E655-207-Cicognola-20052007-merci-IMG_8582.JPG
 ).

Thank you again.
--
Giulio Canevari

Vuoi rendere inaccessibili agli altri i tuoi documenti riservati?
Prova Ksek! Il potente software di cifratura di Interfree.

Scopri le sue funzionalita': http://ksek.interfree.it/

Lo Staff di Interfree