On 7/14/07, Olivier Lecarme <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I installed version 2.3.18 on two similar computers: Debian Sid and
> kernel 2.6.21. The problem occurs only on one of the computers, not the
> other. It does not occur at all with version 2.2.
>
> With all the tracing tools that use a brush (pencil, brush, eraser,
> dodge and burn, etc.) but only with them, as soon as the pointer is in
> the image window, there appears a series of images of the current brush,
> light green. They don't modify the image itself, as simply redrawing it
> makes the images to disappear.
>
> An example can be seen on http://pierredelune.i3s.unice.fr/bizarre.png
>
> Since this problem makes Gimp 2.3 pretty unusable for me, I would very
> much like to find a solution. What other information would be useful?

I don't know. But this is a bug in your X server; it does not handle
XOR drawing correctly. You may be able to configure X to work around
the bug. You should probably ask this question on the appropriate list
for XFree86 or X.org, whichever you are using, and provide the
contents of the Device section for your video card (found in
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4 or /etc/X11/Xorg.conf depending on whether you
use XF86 or Xorg)