David Gowers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 7/14/07, Olivier Lecarme <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > David Gowers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > I don't know. But this is a bug in your X server; it does not handle
> > > XOR drawing correctly. You may be able to configure X to work around
> > > the bug. You should probably ask this question on the appropriate list
> > > for XFree86 or X.org, whichever you are using, and provide the
> > > contents of the Device section for your video card (found in
> > > /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 or /etc/X11/Xorg.conf depending on whether you
> > > use XF86 or Xorg)
> >
> > Maybe a bug in the X server, but then, why does it occur only in Gimp
> > version 2.3, not 2.2, and in no other graphic tool ? Moreover, I have
> The drawing color changed (and I think the way GDK implements the
> draw, which matters because GIMP increased the version of GTK they
> require (GTK includes GDK)) between 2.2 and 2.3
> > the same version of Xorg on both computers, and the problem occurs on
> > only one.
> The version of Xorg is irrelevant -- that comparison only makes sense
> if you have the same *video card* in both systems. This bug has been
> reported several times, and it's directly related to X's driver for
> your video card.

OK. The video cards are different:
- on the computer where it works correctly: ATI Technologies Inc RV 370
5B60 [Radeon X300 (PCIE)]
- on the computer where it fails:  ATI Technologies Inc Radeon RV100 QY
[Radeon 7000/VE]

But the X driver is the same in both cases, i.e. ati. Should I try the
proprietary fglrx driver?

Anyway, thanks a lot for answering me questions not really relevant to
this list!

                        Olivier Lecarme