I had a theory that the blurb building was killing GIMP, so I modified the
script to make the description a single line.  It now works.

The reasoning for a multi-line description was to give valuable information
in the Procedure Browser.  Now the information is the single-line blurb,
which is practically useless. :((

Why it worked in Ubuntu versus Windows is a mystery I leave to the
developers.  However, it illustrates why I never released the script to the
repository.  I cannot test scripts except on my machines and it worked up
'til Windows 2.4.  Without broad testing, running a script is a crapshoot.
The thought that my script would mysteriously hose someone's GIMP is a huge
barrier to wide release.

Dave