I recently upgraded to Mac OS X Leopard, which seems to be just great
and almost one month later there are no signs of a compatible GIMP
binary coming (I need a PPC version, because I use a PowerBook G4).

Just to make things worse, the GIMP port in MacPorts seems not to work
properly. I used to have both the old GIMP.app and the latest MacPorts
gimp-dev version running, and now I simply cannot use GIMP.

I am getting kind of desperate :(

I am teaching some students how to use GIMP and now I am not able to
try the exercises at home, before the classes. Does anyone have a good
news to me (is it coming, is it??).

By the way, is it that difficult to build a PPC version at the same
time we build an Intel one? Supposedly, Apple gave developers the
means to build both at once ("Universal Binaries"), right? What is
happening, then?

Anyway, I now the team is working hard on GIMP, and I thank you for
your great work.

Best regards,
Victor Domingos
(sadly, not GIMPing right now, in a sunny Portugal...)