On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 03:09:47PM -0500, Chris Mohler wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 1:39 PM, norman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I have been copying some old colour transparencies using my digital
> >  camera and most of the images produced suffer from chromatic aberration
> >  somewhere within them. I have tried to find some procedure to remove
> >  these blemishes but, so far, have not found anything I can get to work.
> >  All suggestions and how to get round the difficulty will be gratefully
> >  received.

Not having worked on this problem in particular, I don't really know.  My
first approximate guess would be to decompose the image into color channels
and apply deblurring filters on the seperate channels.  You should be able
to make reasonable progress with this as as a first order approximation;
"all" chromatic aberration is, is the different colors blurring different
amounts.

Jeff

"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over
 the man who cannot read them."
 -- Mark Twain