On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 08:13 -0700, Simon Roberts wrote:

> [...]

I feel sure that you must be correct. I have never seen any noticeable
fringing or CA effects with my ordinary photography it is only with this
project I set myself of copying a lot of old colour transparencies. In
the old days I used to often feel frustrated at not being able to do a
great deal with colour slides such as I did in my darkroom with black
and white film. Thus, I saw this as chance to catch up on history and at
the same time, maybe, produce some interesting images digitally. It now
looks as though I shall be frustrated yet again.

Norman