< snip >

> Unfortunately, ca is controlled in lense manufacture and design and
> has two solutions, software or better glass.  Minimizing ca via
> technique would severly limit your scope, imo.

I would expect most lenses these days to be made such that they do not
cause CA. From what I have read, there is another factor to be taken
into account, the chip responsible for recording the image. I gathered
that small chips are quite prone to CA and the larger the chip the lower
the CA and that it virtually disappears in the 1:1 (35 mm) format. The
camera I am using is an upper end, point and press so perhaps I need a
better camera with a larger chip.

Norman