Hi,

On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 6:17 PM, Daryna Baikadamova
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I want to strip logo from every page of a PDF file and would like a script
> that:
>
> - opens a file (say "foo.pdf", preferably allow me to specify source
> filename)
> - specify convert each page to a image with 300dpi resolution
GIMP currently does not allow you to specify resolution when
non-interactively loading PDFs.

> - convert all images (all pages) from RGB (or whatever) to indexed 1-bit
> black and white
> - save each image with foo_<4 digit page count (i.e. pad the left side with
> 0>.tiff and specify "CCITT group 4 fax" as the compression algorithm
>
> So that when the script finishes, all I have to do is to get rid of the logo
> by the eraser and click "save" again for each image.
>
> Would it be possible to automate the task mentioned above?
Yes, you could do this with a automation tool such as AutoIt (windows)
or xdotool (Linux) and a bit of Python scripting.
However, using ImageMagick instead (and not using GIMP at all for this
task, except the final editing) in conjunction with Python scriptiing
might be a less painful way to do this.

David