On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 11:03:40 +0100
Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
> > >
> > > Why not? Works just fine here.
> > >

> > I really do not know why not. I am on a pretty stock Kubuntu 8.04 (KDE
> > 3.5.10) installation, with proprietary ATI video drivers.
> Then your window manager is definitely misbehaving. The text editor
> dialog is transient to the image window. It is not a modal dialog. If it
> was modal, that would explain the behavior you are seeing. Perhaps your
> window manager implements transient dialogs as modal? I suggest that you
> file a bug report against your window manager.

I'm not sure which version of GIMP you are talking about. I have 2.4.7,
and even though the text editor isn't modal, I cannot move the text. The
cursor remain in the 'edit' shape (double T) even when over the drawing.
Clicking on the text doesn't do anything, outside the text starts a new
one (as described).

To be able to move the text, I have to select the move tool, which, of
course, closes the text tool. I had been considering sending an RFE
about this too.

So, I confirm Dotan's report. My WM is xfce 4.4.2, if that influences
things. (X11 is xorg 7.4)