>Basically yes. I've put it in a sub-folder of Plug-ins and then added
>that folder as a separate entry in
>Preferences-Folders-Plugins since with four items with "nondescript"
>names I want to be able to figure which bits belong to which plugins.

>Question ... does anyone else do it like this or am I just being anal?

I am doing as you, help when upgrading ,not also gimp but also the some
plugin,and to keep in order and avoid orphan dll floating around.

But i use dedicated folder only for "non standard" plugin
(as that with dll's), the others i have just sorted for categories (i.e
distort,enhance, color,)a folder for each category