D.Jones (aka) Capnhud (capn...@yahoo.com) wrote (in part)
> (on
> 2009-01-21 at 07:07):
> >  > http://gmic.sourceforge.net/.gmic4gimp_def
>
> >  In order to use this on Gimp Windows do you put all
> of the included
> >  files in the plugin directory?
> >
><Alec Burgesss wrote>

 Basically yes. I've put it in a sub-folder of Plug-ins
> and then added
> that folder as a separate entry in
> Preferences-Folders-Plugins since with four items with
> "nondescript"
> names I want to be able to figure which bits belong to
> which plugins.
>
> so on my system:
> D:\Data
> Files\Gimp-2.x_resources\plug-ins\gmic
>
> fwiw: in D:\Data Files\Gimp-2.x_resources\ I
> have parallel folder
> structure to what would normally be in:
> C:\Documents and
> Settings\Alec\.gimp-2.6\{brushes etc} or ...
> these
> folders exist but I keep empty.
> D:\Program
> Files\GIMP-2.6\share\gimp\2.0\{brushes
> etc} I *never* put
> anything here.
>
> YMMV :-)
>
> Question ... does anyone else do it like this or am I just
> being anal?
>
> --
> Regards ... Alec   (bura...@gmail & WinLiveMess -
> alec.m.burg...@skype)

> <"photocomix" <for...@gimpusers.com> wrote:

> I am doing as you, help when upgrading ,not also gimp but
> also the some
> plugin,and to keep in order and avoid orphan dll floating
> around.
>
> But i use dedicated folder only for "non
> standard" plugin
> (as that with dll's), the others i have just sorted for
> categories (i.e
> distort,enhance, color,)a folder for each category
> --
> photocomix

I had did this plugin the same way I do other plugins I put it in the personal
gimp plugin folder, but because I had not specified the folder in gimp
preferences I was receiving and error until I pointed to the folder in the gimp
preferences.  Thanks for clearing up the confusion.