Sven Neumann schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 2009-03-02 at 13:10 +0000, Chris Mohler wrote:
>

>>> GIMP 2.6 is out for five months already. There is really no good reason
>>> why your distribution does not offer it yet. Perhaps time to switch to a
>>> more reasonable Linux distribution?
>>>
>> Yes, but even Ubuntu is still shipping 2.6.1 with their latest stable
>> version (8.10) and shipping 2.4.x with the long-term-support version
>> (8.04).
>>

> They have 2.6.3 in intrepid-backports, so a user of the latest stable
> version should have that at least. 2.6.3 is already much more recent
> than 2.6.1 and has lots of bug-fixes. But yeah, Ubuntu should do their
> users a favor and provide more recent bug-fix releases.

Nope. I also have a second computer runs Ubuntu 8.04 (I didn't upgrade
to 8.10 yet), that every time the system tell me to upgrade I would do
it (last time was in last week). But it still uses Gimp 2.5.4 (sheeee??
an unstable version?).

If Ubuntu has 2.6 without a system-upgrade, I'd be glad to try. I don't
want to fight the hassle of system-upgrade in recent months. Usually a
system-upgrade means I need to get used to something a bit different, I
prefer trying that in less heavy-working days