On Saturday 04 July 2009 05:50:11 pm Jozef Legény wrote:

> > http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_7ZYqYi4xigk/SkuOtxD_GVI/AAAAAAAAD-s/m
> >4JhUHCC_Bw/s 1600-h/left_nav_compare.png
> >
> > >Looks like they did two screen shots, (print screen), focused
> > > in on the items, cut them and pasted them to a new picture.
> >
> > But how they produced the shadow that too in 3d box effect,
> > actually I searched a lot on the net to check what this process
> > can be called but no clue, can anybody suggest
>
> You could use the path tool to create the boxes' edges. Then
> convert that path to selection and apply a gradient to that
> selection (all of this on a separate layer), the gradient would
> be from black to transparent.

The shadow with the gradient could be created on a layer as a
rectangle, then shaped to the two images using rotation and  the
perspective tool.
I would apply the gradient as the last step. This layer would need
to be between the normal label layer  and the exploded label layer.

--
John Culleton
Create Book Covers with Scribus/e-book $5.95