Dear all,
I have a question and maybe it is easy to answer and has been answered before
although I didn't find it in the FAQ's.

When I try to scale a foto in order to get it passport photo size it looses
quality. The fotos I want to scale are of good quality but too large and are
showing not only the head and upper chest of people but often more and so I
have to cut them which is possible without any problem and then scale them in
the format I need.

I would understand the loss in quality if I would try to enlarge the fotos but
making them smaller in size should not make them loose quality???

Any hints from you out there?
Thank you in advance for any answer.

Best wishes