I'm using GIMP 2.6.6 that came with my Ubuntu 9.04 distro.   I've been trying
to learn about GIMP.  I bought a book about GIMP for $45.  The book says there
should be a menu item called DIALOGS in the FILE menu but my GIMP doesn't have
the DIALOGS option.  The option is very essential, but I don't have it.  Also
there should be a menu bar at the top of my toolbox but my GIMP has no menu
bar there.  Also there is something called Script-Fu or maybe TinyScheme that
is missing from my GIMP.   Probably many other things are missing but I don't
know because I am not familiar enough.

Is there some plug-in or upgrade package that will give me the menu option
called DIALOGS in the FILE menu?  Has anybody here had these problems I
described?

TIA

--
Bill S. (via www.gimpusers.com)