On 20/01/10 23:39, Cédric Gémy wrote:
> I don't remember how this discussion has turned to a GUI discussion just
> as if the hugest difference wetween the two was this point.
> Anyway, Gimp is great, and photoshop has many default too. It also tries
> to implement new GUI possibilities, but they sometimes shouldn't, i
> guess :)
>
> "Most people thinks having two different menubars in one application is
> insane. The small amount of people that thinks it is a good idea will
> have to maintain code for that themselves, sorry."
>
> One thing that might be interesting is having contextual menu which is
> really contextual to image areas we're on, instead of a simple duplicate
> of main menu. WOuldn't be a second menu, but just an extract of
> immediate main applicable functionnalities.
>
> pygmee

Folks, can you branch the discussion into separate threads, i.e.
subject:  XXX; WAS: GIMP vs Photoshop
subject: YYY; WAS: GIMP vs Photoshop, etc. ?
It's going all over the shop.

In a few months' time anybody wanting to look up XXX or YYY in the
archives is going to miss them if they're all mixed up under this one
thread "GIMP vs Photoshop".

Doug