Hi all,

after this has first been announced, I think, in 2002 (!),
I wonder why 16-bit/channel has still not been implemented.
Two years ago (or something like this) I read that 16-bit
would be available in 2.6, but now someone stated that it
would probably take a few more years (!). IMHO, 16-bit
should be right on top of the list of priorities, now that GEGL
has been implemented--at least it's definitely more important
than, say yet another new icon set for Gimp. And anti-aliasing
could also be improved. Programs such as Krita (I'm using
Ubuntu) have much better anti-aliasing. I really enjoy working with
the Gimp (currently 2.6.8), but especially 16-bit is really long overdue.

Claus
--
Webdesign + Grafik + Fotografie <http://home.arcor.de/ccyrny/> | Flickr <http://www.flickr.com/photos/claus_01/> | artificial 1.0: visual arts blog <http://artificial10.wordpress.com/>