On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 12:23 PM, Claus Cyrny <claus.cy...@web.de> wrote:
> Ubuntu) have much better anti-aliasing. I really enjoy working with
> the Gimp (currently 2.6.8), but especially 16-bit is really long overdue.

It's overdue, but that won't make it happen any sooner. Let's just
wait it out. Meanwhile, Krita and Cinepaint support 16bit/channel
(iirc), so it's not like it's absolutely impossible. I've heard ufraw
will also use 16bit/ch images. It is said to be a bit picky (TIFFs in
ufraw's preferred format, please), but it can get the job done. For
now, you'll just have to either switch or combine tools.

Branko Vukelić

Check out my blog: http://www.brankovukelic.com/
Check out my portfolio: http://www.flickr.com/photos/foxbunny/
Registered Linux user #438078 (http://counter.li.org/)