On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 12:23 PM, Claus Cyrny <claus.cy...@web.de> wrote:
> Ubuntu) have much better anti-aliasing. I really enjoy working with
> the Gimp (currently 2.6.8), but especially 16-bit is really long overdue.

It's overdue, but that won't make it happen any sooner. Let's just
wait it out. Meanwhile, Krita and Cinepaint support 16bit/channel
(iirc), so it's not like it's absolutely impossible. I've heard ufraw
will also use 16bit/ch images. It is said to be a bit picky (TIFFs in
ufraw's preferred format, please), but it can get the job done. For
now, you'll just have to either switch or combine tools.

--
Branko Vukelić

bg.bra...@gmail.com
stu...@brankovukelic.com