I have just downloaded the new installers for the stable 2.6.10 version and the
Gimp Help:
http://fotoalbum.seniorennet.be/incl/getimage2.php?imageid=1597195&albumid=18832&typeid=4

and executed them to install 2.6.10 on my Windows XP Pro SP3.

GIMP is doing well except that there is a problem with the Help (and the
F1-context-helpkey):
http://fotoalbum.seniorennet.be/incl/getimage2.php?imageid=1596062&albumid=18832&typeid=4

I recall having had the same poblems with my first installation of GIMP.

When running the intallator I chose Dutch as my language. And as several other
people here are not really familiar with English I thought that donwloading the
"nl"-help would be OK. I have indeed everything, although a (very) great part
is NOT translated in Dutch:

http://fotoalbum.seniorennet.be/incl/getimage2.php?imageid=1596413&albumid=18832&typeid=4

Now seeing the error-message in #1596062 image I think that I should have the
"en"-helpversion downloaded? That's what GIMP is searching for and not finding?
In the Help-settings it says that the Users's manual is not locally installed:

http://fotoalbum.seniorennet.be/incl/getimage2.php?imageid=1597248&albumid=18832&typeid=4

Or otherwise, in order to keep as much as possible of the Dutch translation, I
might perhaps better just change the name of the existing directory/folder to
"en" instead of "nl" ?? Would that be enough to lure GIMP into giving its help??

Thanks in advance for any expert advice.

André Anckaert