On Mon, 2010-07-19 10:17 Sven Neumann wrote:

< Now it would be good to find out why this was necessary at all. Could you <
start GIMP from a terminal with the GIMP_DEBUG environment variable set to <
the value "help" and send us the output you get when you press the F1 key?

I am on Windows XP Pro SP3 and I know of 2 ways to start GIMP: either
doubleclick the GIMP-icon on the desktop or the gimp-2.6.exe file. How to set
beforehand the GIMP_DEBUG environment variable is way beyond my knowledge.

But nevertheless, I meanwhile found out that I have (a lot of) personal
GIMP-files, and where they are:

http://fotoalbum.seniorennet.be/incl/getimage2.php?imageid=1607079&albumid=18832&typeid=4

This fortunate discovery, I hope, will help me a lot to better understand GIMP.
Below is a line actually copied from my own "gimprc"-file:

 (help-locales "en")

Perhaps it would have been orthodox to change this "en" to "nl". But
nevertheless my non-standard trick did the job? The "HELP"-buttons and the
F1-key do show me the help I ask. From my locally installed html-base:

C:\Program Files\GIMP-2.0\share\gimp\2.0\help\en

http://fotoalbum.seniorennet.be/incl/getimage2.php?imageid=1607415&albumid=18832&typeid=4

As far as I am concerned this case seems closed. Thanks for the help.

André Anckaert