Well, I am new at this. Not even sure if what I am attempting is possible. I am
trying to change a specific color in an image. If I use 'color selection' the
edges don't change color. So I am trying to use color to alpha... But, when I
select by color, it seems to select all similar color in the area, thus when I
add a new layer it does the change the color I wanted to change, but it also
changes the rest of the image with a similar color tone. What can I do to
precisely select a specific color or portion of an image with color to alpha?

Thanks.

--
Suntot (via gimpusers.com)