The URL was www.khoral.com

   Hello,

   Cool as GIMP is, you may want to consider something a little more
   scientifically robust for your purposes. Consider Khoros/Cantata.
   I think their URL is www.kchoral.com. It is a powerful tool for
   prototyping, but I can't say that I use it a lot anymore
   (I suffer from the 'code-it-yourself' syndrome).

   Khoros/Cantata will provide you with the histograms, thresholding, and
   probably even XY projections that you could use for image
   registration. And, it provides a visual environment in which to plug
   all the pieces together and evaluate the results.

   Regards,

   --
   L. Jack Reese   [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                   __o
   ,---,___`----.  http://students.cs.byu.edu/~reese             _'\<,_