>> Just a curiosity, it is possible if you have saved an image as an xcf so
>> that you can modify the layers again, that you can find out what font
>> type and size was used in the image.... In a somewhat easy fashion?
>There is no easy way to edit text you already have written. However, if you
just want's to know with font you have used, rename the layer to the
fontname/size. This will save you a lot's of time!

Sorry, partially wrong, I should have posted before:
Use GDynText plugin. Gimp 1.1 uses it for normal text if you want.
With that plugin it saves font, color, and other info. You can not apply
effects over the text and keep them, but that is better than nothing. I hope
someday it will keep a list of effects too.

GSR