On Wed, 2 Feb 2000, Simon Wood wrote:

> Dear Jon, and colleges (if that's the right word for members of  list...)
> Thanks you for your suggestions, I'll have a play later tonight. Though I
> have to read up about 'Guides' and 'Alpha to Selection'.
> As well as Jon's suggestion, Ian Boreham pointed out that Greyscale is
> totally un-saturated, and therefore Hue does not affect it.
> So I can do this:
>       1). Cut and paste greyscale.
>       2). Adjust curves on 'patch' and remove blue & green content (change
> to black/red). This makes it fully saturated.
>       3). Adjust Hue with 'Image-Colours-Hue/Saturation'.
>       4). Merge Layers down when happy.
> It doesn't give the ability to set an arbitrary Hue, but I'm sure I can get
> what I want by trial and error with the +/- bit. (I guess I can measure the
> Hue later with the 'Color Picker').

I tested this and it works fine.  You can even eleminate the 'duplicate
layer' by doing it this way on the floating selection of the patch.

Please post some of your work to the web and send us a URL so we can
checkit.  I'm curious to see how it turns out.

Jon Winters http://www.obscurasite.com/
OpenVerse  http://www.openverse.org/