On Fri, Mar 31, 2000 at 11:13:08AM -0500, Mike Markowski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all,
> When I try to start gimp on a Solaris 8 box, I get these errors
> regarding something called _eprintf.  Does any know what I'm missing?

Yes, _eprintf ;) No, sorry, I have no idea where this symbol comes from.
Could you look (= grep) through your include files for that symbol? Maybe
it's some kind of #define printf eprintf (who knows ;)-

What compiler did you use? I suppose it wasn't gcc (if you have gcc
installed, could you try it with gcc, just for a comparison)?

> (I seem to not be linking with whatever library contains eprintf,
> but I don't know which that would be...)

Neither do I. My best guesses are that perl itself misdetected something that
I use (leading to the eprintf), or that gimp's configure in detected
something that is not _really_ available (like vsnprintf..).

Could you edit the file plug-ins/perl/Gimp/Lib.xs, search for

 #if __STDC_VERSION__ > 199900

and replace it by:

 #if 1
 #include <stdarg.h>
 static void trace_printf (char *frmt, ...) { }
 #elif 0

and then check wether the problem goes away? That place is the most
probably cause.