On Wed, Apr 05, 2000 at 06:26:57AM +0200, Marc Lehmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 03, 2000 at 02:11:41PM -0400, Mike Markowski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > PS I notice a handfull of plugins whose makefiles aren't created properly:
> >     plug-ins/perl/Gimp/Makefile
> >     plug-ins/perl/Net/Makefile
> >     plug-ins/perl/UI/Makefile
> >     plug-ins/perl/po/Makefile
> >     plug-ins/perl/Makefile
> >    They always require hand editing to change 'cc' to 'gcc' even though
> >    configure picks up 'gcc' correctly.
>
> That's actually according to design. Your perl was compiled using
> "cc".

That makes sense (& I've now recompiled perl with gcc).  In that case,
there's still one glitch with the generated makefiles quoted above.  While
configure correctly picked up 'cc' as the perl compiler, it passed the
compiler flags for 'gcc' - which is what required me to track down and fix
the makefiles.  However, the best solution is for me to simply stick with
a single compiler!  So the preceding is just an FYI and can likely be
ignored.

> > Anyway, don't know if this is really the right list to mention that.
>
> It is!

Ok, great.  Then I have a final configure question.  Because I'm on a
shared machine and can't install things in standard places, code is under
my home directory in a typical bin, lib, include type of tree.  While
LD_LIBRARY_PATH lets me handle where to look for libs, is there a cmd line
arg to 'configure' telling it to tack on a '-I$HOME/include' to compilation
commands?  From 'configure --help', it doesn't look like there is such an
option.

Ok.  No more config questions from me.

        Thanks!
        Mike