On Thu, 13 Jul 2000, Victor Klos wrote:

> Hi,
> > > I currently have a Wacom Intuos tablet in addition to a PS/2
> > > mouse connected to my machine (Linux 2.2.15, XFree86 3.3.6, Gtk
> > > 1.2.8, Gimp 1.1.24).
> > >
> > > Normally, they live in peaceful coexistence - I can
> > > alternatively use the mouse or the tablet to move the X pointer.
> > > As soon as I start Gimp, the mouse becomes unusable. [...]
> >
> > just for the record, I wanted to mention, that I meanwhile
> > noticed that the described problem is triggered by any GTK+
> > program - I sent a bug report.
> I use SuSE 6.4 myself, and have had the same problem. Some device nodes
> were installed with the wrong major/minor nrs, resulting in the wrong
> device drivers/hardware being accessed by the wrong software.
> A patch is available at www.suse.com, but i don't know if that does the
> trick. I changed the nodes manually.

Hi Victor,

can you remember specifically, what you changed to solve this problem?

I can't really believe that in my case wrong device nodes are the
problem. The only devices of interest are /dev/psaux (Nr. 10:1)
for the PS/2 mouse and /dev/ttyS1 (4:65) for the 2nd serial port;
the numbers match those specified in "devices.txt" in the kernel