On Wed, 16 Aug 2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I'm new to both linux and the gimp - and will be picking up a scanner
> shortly. I've got SuSE 6.2 - a stripped down version that came with the
> SuSE for Dummies book, which had Gimp 1.1.7 with it.
> Anyhow, any suggestions out there for a scanner? There are several listed
> in the book, but I thought I'd see what suggestions might come my way, as
> it's a bit outdated.
I will support suggestion by Alan about getting an HP SCSI scanner.
They are very well supported under linux: sane (free) and xvscan
(commercial). In July issue of Linux Journal there was a review of
that program.

I have two scanners: EPSON FS200 (Slides and negatives) and HP Scanjet 4p
both SCSI. I will suggest going for SCSI.

Best regards,

Javi,          _____            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 |              http://www.europa3.com/users/fjherna
Ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny.