Dne St, 30 srp 2000 jste napsal(a):
> Any suggestions out there for a moderately priced digital camera that is
> linux friendly? I'm using SuSE 6.2
> Does it matter? I've never used one before, nor seen one used.

The best amateur camera I know of is the Olympus Camedia 3030zoom. I went for
a cheaper, but still great Ricoh RDC-5000 (they now sell only the little
better 5300). Both cameras are supported under Linux (serial gPhoto and Camedia
USB/gPhoto, while RiCOH works with usb-storage module so you can mount the
internal memory and the flash card and work with it as a normal drive (great
for GIMP ;)). You can check out some shots on

http://emar.kin.vslib.cz/jimmac/gpl/macro/ (ricoh)
http://tigert.gimp.org/files/photos/Stock-images-GPL/ (tigert's camedia 3030z)

If you have enough cash, I'd go for the Camedia, since it has a bigger
resolution, better quality at that resolution, can save TIFFs, record sound,
capture movies and looks a little sexier ;). Still I'm very happy with
the cheaper ricoh...

-[ [EMAIL PROTECTED] ]-[ http://hideout.musichall.cz ]-

"even a stopped clock gives a right time twice a day"