[EMAIL PROTECTED] (2001-01-15 at 1219.44 -0800):
> I get the idea that it is possible to have more than one version of the gimp
> installed at the same time.  If one has .gimp, .gimp-1.1, and .gimp-1.2 in
> their home directory, as I have, and finding the same thing elsewhere in
> /usr/*, it suggests that it would be relatively easy to have more than one
> version installed at the same time, providing that there are not more than
> one patch level of each version.

The binaries will cause some problems, you will have to rename them,
it seems. Never tried that way.

> Is this so?  I might like to keep the 1.2 as a 'user' and try my hand with
> the 1.3 when it starts coming out.  If this is possible, I would like to
> know how to set this up successfully!

I have both, I just uninstall and install to change from one to
another, and all works nicely. It takes a few secs, but all is cleanly
kept. I use this technique to test Gimp 1.2 and 1.3 at the same
time. If for A reason something really breaks, I just have to repeat
the process and go back to the versions that works (1.2 normally).

GSR