IntIntNullIntTextInputFormat in the examples package (extending TextVertexInputFormat as David suggests) is very similar to what you need I think, although the types might be different for your application. You can start with that perhaps.

Avery

On 2/18/12 7:48 AM, David Garcia wrote:
The easiest thing to do is to extend text vertex or/and textvertext input format and/or the record reader. The record reader will give you the vertices you want. Look at the record reader for textvertexinputformat. It's an innerclass on this format class.

Sent from my HTC Inspireā„¢ 4G on AT&T

----- Reply message -----
From: "yavuz gokirmak" <ygokir...@gmail.com>
To: "giraph-user@incubator.apache.org" <giraph-user@incubator.apache.org>
Subject: how to use SimplePageRankVertex
Date: Sat, Feb 18, 2012 9:08 am

Hi,

I am planning to use giraph for network analysis. First I am trying to fully understand SimplePageRankVertex implementation and modify in order to serve my needs.

I have a question about example,
What is the expected input format for SimplePageRankVertex, I couldn't understand the input format although SimplePageRankVertexReader class has few lines.

My input file is contains of rows such as:
usera, userb
usera, userc
userc, usera
userb, userc
userc, userb
.
.
.
Each row represents a relation between two users,
*"usera,userb"* means that *"usera is clicked userb's profile" *

Is it possible to make social network analysis over such kind of data using giraph?
I will be glad if you can give advices..

thanks in advance
best regards
ygokirmak