Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Jonathan Nieder <jrnie...@gmail.com> writes:
>>> + /*
>>> + * If the remote helper advertised the "refspec" capability,
>>> + * it will have the written result of the import to the refs
> perhaps s/will have the written result of/would have written result of/?
That would sound like 'If the remote helper advertised the "refspec"
capability, it would have written the result of the import to the
refs, but it didn't, so...', so I think "will" is the right tense.
But 'will have the written' is awkward. How about:
* The fast-import stream of a remote helper advertising the
* "refspec" capability writes to the refs named after the right
* hand side of the first refspec matching each ref we were
* (If no "refspec" capability is specified, for historical
* reasons the default is *:*.)
* Store the result in to_fetch[i].old_sha1. [...]
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe git" in
the body of a message to majord...@vger.kernel.org
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html