On 12/09/04, Peter Burgess wrote:

> The sort of modelling I am looking for is a (much simplified) village
> version of the UN System of National Accounts

As a community organizer I have found the thinking of these two people
helpful, especially when it comes to examining the engines of economic
development in poorer communities:

Jane Jacobs:
http://www.newcolonist.com/jane_jacobs.html

John L. McKnight:
http://www.fordfound.org/elibrary/documents/5013/010.cfm

McKnight speaks directly about assets. Jacobs speaks about, among other
things, looking at economics from the vantage point of the street. What
I like about Jacobs is her focus on real life.

I believe they both help us get out of certain boxes. Whether or not
they put us in other boxes is for others to say.

Cheers,

Lee

------------------------------------
Jhai Foundation