Patrick DeBoard wrote:
I can't watch videos on youtube, youporn, or mlb (major league baseball)
I have gnash for gnome. i'll keep searching the archive for the list.
There is this from 3/26, from Graziano:
> But what about flash? Wasn't gnash an Free solution for it?
> > Can't find it in gnewsense :/ !?
You can install gnash 0.8.2 via Add/Remove programs but it will not play
well because it is an old version.
Instead I suggest you to install the newer version gnash 0.8.4.
The easiest way to do this is to download the deb packages:
http://www.getgnash.org/packages/releases/ubuntu/hardy/
</quote>
I, however, chose get the gnash 0.8.5 source and compile myself.
If you go this route, you do have to install the plugin separately, and
I had to manually link the plugin in my $icecat/plugins directory ("sudo
ln -s $gnash/libgnashplugin.so /usr/lib/icecat-3.0.*/plugins". Be sure
to replace $gnash with the actual install location of gnash.) Also, be
careful that the plugin install is a system one (see readme).
I don't recall the list of dev packages required, but configure is very
good at helping you to get it right.
Tor
_______________________________________________
gNewSense-users mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/gnewsense-users