On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 6:32 PM, Patrick DeBoard <[email protected]> wrote:
> I need someone to walk me through how to do that.  I went to the link, for
> example, and there's like 6 packages.  clicking on one of them will get it
> on my desktop, I suppose, but I don't know what to do with it from there.

There's a section titled "Viewing Flash" on the gNewSense wiki about
GNU IceCat that has step by step commands:
http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Documentation/IceCat

However, let me tell you a nice trick (which is also documented at
that wiki page) which will let you watch Youtube videos with as few
system resources possible including the non-free solutions. The reason
is you won't be using flash at all which hogs your system down with
any player.

1) Enter the following commands into your terminal:

sudo apt-get install mozplugger

sudo ln -s /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/mozplugger.so /usr/lib/icecat-3*/plugins/

2) Go to https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/748 and
download/install the greasemonkey add-on. (You may need to restart
IceCat for the installation to take effect.)

3) Go to http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/38074 and install the
script which should also be handled automatically for you.

4) Visit youtube.com and you should be able to watch videos by
clicking on them. You'll also see some additional nifty buttons
beneath the video section.

Beware that this will only work for YouTube.

> sorry, i was brought up by windows, i mean winblows

It's okay, and in fact mature, to call companies with their real
names. Fell free to call it "Microsoft Windows."

Ali


_______________________________________________
gNewSense-users mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/gnewsense-users

Reply via email to