> Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 09:13:05 -0400
> From: "Ben Scott" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 3:52 PM, Bill McGonigle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > So, which problem are we solving by imposing a regulatory structure
> > on SIG's?
>
>   The one where the Board of Directors is responsible for actions
> undertaken by the Legal Entity they represent.

> Anyone who wanted to could claim they're doing something in the name
> of GNHLUG.  That would expose GNHLUG to legal liability that I, at
> least, cannot accept in good conscience.

Not exactly.  GNHLUG (the Corporation) can only be legally represented
by one of its officers.  Anyone who's not an officer and claims to be
representing the Legal Entinty GNHLUG is lying.  I could go anywhere
and say I represent Microsoft Corporation.  But that doesn't incur any
legal liability for Microsoft.  To the contrary, it would incur
significant liability for me.