Thx for the quick answers.

Concerning the gpr-tools.zip as the default file to download:
1. Is there a way to force a particular file?

Concerning the tags:
1. It would be a great improvement to append the readme with the tags
naming convention.
2. To me a commit named V1.2a is miss-leading as being alpha regardless the
real alpha commit is named V1.2-alpha. Same thing for V1.2b. If you want to
say it is a stable release why not use the term stable. My two cents.
3. In any case, IMO, the default commit shown upfront on sourceforge source
should be the latest stable. People coming just want a straight working
copy. Advanced dev will pick a more specific tag.

Concerning gnoga.com responsiveness:
1. I don't see what kind of report I should do. The overall experience
varies, a lot, often and this is not normal. There is, IMO, nothing else to
say. Personally I don't really care because I am sold to gnoga already...
but its hard to explain/convincing to new users.

I will make a pull request with amendments to the build instructions as I
found them rather imprecise this week-end trying to build on Windows.

@David: I don't know to which host you plan to move but let me recommend
these guys: based in France (Paris), powerful dedicated servers, really
cheap, and the latency is excellent. I'm in Montreal, Canada and got a
steady 80ms ping to my server for the last year:
https://www.online.net/fr/serveur-dedie