Hello Gautier,

Anyway, with checks on or off, an exception is raised.
The difference is the detailed information you get with checks on:

cmd$ gnatmake -s test17
gcc -c test17.adb
gnatbind -x test17.ali
gnatlink test17.ali

cmd$ ./test17
P_OK: Key A not found
P_OK: Key A found, element= 1
P_KO: Key B not found
raised CONSTRAINT_ERROR : Test17.T_Dic.Element: no element available because
key not in map

P_KO: Key B found, element= 2

Poor information with checks off:

cmd$ gnatmake -s -gnatp test17
gcc -c -gnatp test17.adb
gnatbind -x test17.ali
gnatlink test17.ali

cmd$ ./test17
P_OK: Key A not found
P_OK: Key A found, element= 1
P_KO: Key B not found
raised CONSTRAINT_ERROR : erroneous memory access

P_KO: Key B found, element= 2

But in Gnoga code, whatever the checks activation, the exception
Connection_Error is raised with detailed information.
Is it correct for you in this particular case?
Else feel free to open a ticket.

Regards, Pascal.
http://blady.pagesperso-orange.fr