Hi Fabio (re-added i18n, please reply to lits)

Still, it's an irregularity where the text surrounding a number
depends on the number.  This exists in gettext only as the standard
plural form feature.  Fixing it would require multiple such
mechanisms: One for singular/plural, one for dates, one for ordinals,

It is not straightforward and would have to be added to gettext, and
would propagate to GNOME and other projects in a matter of years - as
far as I can tell.

Best regards
Ask