On 9 August 2017 at 11:31, Geert Janssens <geert.gnuc...@kobaltwit.be> wrote:
> On woensdag 9 augustus 2017 02:47:52 CEST Jeffrey Black wrote:
>> The last post I can find on this is from 2013, and there were no
>> satisfactory answers then.
>>
>> Does anyone know how or of a utility that will allow me to print reports
>> without the text splitting in half across page breaks?  PDF does not work
>> and besides I can not import it into my documents.  HTML export to a browser
>> is not really an option as I need to add these reports to documents in Open
>> Office.
>>
> The good news is that in gnucash 2.8 this will no longer be an issue. The more
> recent webkit2 being used does properly handle page breaks.
>
> The bad news is our Windows version of gnucash 2.8 will stick with webkit1 as
> webkit2 is not available there. So unfortunately on Windows the page breaks
> will continue to be borked. For now there is no solution to this.

Other than the obvious one to not use Windows.
That may sound like a flippant comment, but actually it is not
difficult to move to something like Ubuntu unless you absolutely need
an application that is only available on Windows. I did it some years
ago and have never regretted it. It is great to feel that one is back
in control of one's PC again.

Colin