Sounds like too much work.  Thanks for your response.

Dennis

On 2/14/2018 11:24, Derek Atkins wrote:
AH.  Yes, the Notes field.
You could add it, but you'd need to edit the source and rebuild GnuCash.
The register structure is hard-coded.

-derek

Dennis West <dcwes...@gmail.com> writes:

Maybe "memo" is the run term.  I meant "notes", the field appearing
below "description" in the two line register display. (no splits).

Dennis