You can export the chart of accounts via File - > Export Accounts. But it will not include your customers, vendors, etc. It only saves your account tree.

Note that there is no real need to start over. Gnucash is quite happy to just continue, and the reports handle multiple years in one data file.

-derek
Sent using my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.