I'm using 5.16 and get the warning if I tab to the end of a new transaction.  Existing transactions tab through with no warning. All warning are ON.  Completing a new tx with enter rather than tab to the end doesn't produce the warning.

I don't think this has changed recently, more that people may be talking at cross purposes about what is a new tx perhaps?

unless something is changed (e.g. the date) tabbing through on a blank line doesn't produce the warning because it isn't a new tx.

Wm

On 2026-09-05 14:57, Adrien Monteleone wrote:
It is not impossible that the warning was added and that corresponding section of the documentation wasn't updated. (or the warning is documented elsewhere)

I'll have to test, but do you get that warning on new transactions tabbing through without ENTER, or do you only get it when editing an existing transaction and tabbing through without ENTER? (I would certainly expect it on an edit using either TAB or ENTER, but I can see why someone would have filed an RFE for it to fire in the new case as well.)

Regards,
Adrien

On 9/4/26 17:52, Patrick James via gnucash-user wrote:
I get a window to confirm the changes.

"Save the changed transaction?
The current transaction has been changed. Would you like to record
the changes before moving to a new transaction, discard the
changes, or return to the changed transaction?"

_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[email protected]
To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[email protected]
To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.

Reply via email to