David T.,
 
"but they've *always* acted consistently."
 
Many bugs (all?) also "act consistently," as is the nature of a machine 
following its written commands. But when does such become quirky (or flaky, a 
term another suggested)? Sometimes there is some inherent randomness, so "act 
consistently" would need to incorporate the unknown randomness.
 
In any event, yes, I do file bug reports, and, additionally, I've pinned down 
bug reports that others have filed (e.g. Bug 799807 about a week ago).
 
"register acts quirky," or similar, is not a bug report that I'm willing to 
file.
 
Once I have sufficient information, including an explanation as to why I 
consider the behavior to be quirky/flaky/whatever, I'll file a report.
 
 

> On 09/06/2026 2:20 AM PDT David T. <[email protected]> wrote:
>  
>  
> Patrick,
> 
> It seems to me that you need to be more specific when you say that the 
> registers start to act quirky. I've never observed register behaviors 
> "becoming quirky" in all my years. They might not have behaved the way I 
> expected, but they've *always* acted consistently.
> 
> So if you're seeing seeing changes in the behavior, we really should look to 
> see where the problem occurs, so that a bug can be filed if there truly is a 
> problem in the code.
> 
> David T.
> 
_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[email protected]
To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.

Reply via email to