I experience changing register behavior with use of the program, and if I had 
it pinned down in a way that I could replicate and explain, then I'd do so. 
Closing and reopening GnuCash is a temporary fix. At this point, and knowing 
that the developer's time is very limited, I do not have sufficient information 
to report a bug.
 

> On 09/06/2026 9:09 AM PDT David T. <[email protected]> wrote:
>  
>  
> My point is that you're not saying what the quirks are.
> 
> If it's that Tab and Enter do different things in GnuCash, well, that's been 
> true for decades, and that's only going to change if someone submits the 
> patches to change the behavior.
> 
> If it's something else, then THAT'S what I'm saying need to be nailed down 
> and submitted as a bug.
> 
> If you're upset by the differences between Tab and Enter, you'll either have 
> to get used to it, or submit patches to change the behavior.
> 
> Consider: I have driven cars in numerous countries around the world. In some 
> places, you're supposed to drive on the right side of the road. In others, 
> you're supposed to drive on the left. (Of course, in India, all bets are off.)
> 
> I get used to local practice, rather than drive on my preferred side 
> regardless. I consider GnuCash's behavior in the same way. I get used to it.
> 
> David T.
> 
_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[email protected]
To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.

Reply via email to