True, not out of the box, but this is a long-standing wish-list item of many a thread here.

For now, it appears this is possible by running separate Transaction Reports, one for Revenue, one for Expenses, and then moving those results to a spreadsheet and finishing it off there.

That isn't painless, but it is doable.

A 'classified' Balance Sheet can be had by similar means.

I've tried to do this in 'one go' via a multi-column report, but I haven't figured out the right incantation of clicks yet---yet...

Both are possible using built-in reports with very detailed Charts of Accounts, but as mentioned, that can be more painful in some situations and becomes impractical for fairly transient 'classes'.

Regards,
Adrien

On 9/11/26 00:05, flywire wrote:
Are you saying there should not be an analogous report to QuickBook's
profit and loss by class? No, I'm saying GnuCash has no way of generating
one.

_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[email protected]
To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.

Reply via email to