Neil and others, I've had a quick look over the Java code, the GnuCash book, and your spreadsheet. You definitely have a matrix here, but it only superficially looks like QuickBooks classes at the moment. Regardless, it is something I never imagined and an excellent effort!
I'm not familiar with accounts receivable or accounts payable (AR/AP), but I don't think that is relevant to what you are trying to achieve here with multidimensional accounting. I really see this setup as a great basis for building filtered, standard financial reports down the line. However, I note as others suggested, that you have duplicated the Assets:Principal Invested and Liabilities:Escrow account trees for each property, with the Liabilities:Escrow property tree being split even further. This structure effectively means you wouldn't be able to import account data straight into your book. Rather than fragmenting the chart of accounts like this, it would be much better to keep the ledger uniform and add filterable data directly to the transactions instead. I'm also concerned that splitting the text as it stands makes it too difficult for filtering. I've thrown all of this code at an AI assistant to see what it could do. Working through some of the absolute crap it throws back at you can be incredibly frustrating, but if you push through, it is actually quite useful for prototyping. I've attached a working concept script based on what it generated. Just a heads-up: the columns are currently hardcoded for the test matrix because I didn't get around to dynamically basing them on filtered report field text. My thoughts are to condense the customers and properties into alphanumeric text without spaces, which would be much easier to filter and use as matrix columns. I’d do that before doing any more work on the report itself. Anyway, the concept gives you an idea of how it works. I’ve attached the GnuCash file as text-based XML, along with the Scheme (.scm) file. I’d welcome any comments. Regards >
Account Customer Matrix Period: 01/01/2026 to 31/12/2026 Use code with caution. AI Generated concept with minimal verification. Account Customer 1 Customer 2 Other Total BANK Assets:Wells Fargo 323.00 45.00 -252.99 115.01 Total Bank 323.00 45.00 -252.99 115.01 ASSET Assets 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 Assets:Principal Invested 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 Assets:Principal Invested:Property 1 -2.00 0.00 200000.00 199998.00 Assets:Principal Invested:Property 2 0.00 -16.00 350000.00 349984.00 Total Asset -2.00 -16.00 550000.00 549982.00 LIABILITY Liabilities 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 Liabilities:Escrow 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 Liabilities:Escrow:Property 1 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 Liabilities:Escrow:Property 1:Collections -64.00 0.00 0.00 -64.00 Liabilities:Escrow:Property 2 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 Liabilities:Escrow:Property 2:Collections 0.00 -12.00 0.00 -12.00 Total Liability -64.00 -12.00 0.00 -76.00 INCOME Income 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 Income:Interest Income -6.00 -3.00 0.00 -9.00 Income:Late Fees -1.00 -14.00 0.00 -15.00 Income:Reimbursed Legal Fees -250.00 0.00 0.00 -250.00 Total Income -257.00 -17.00 0.00 -274.00 EXPENSE Expenses 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 Expenses:Bank Charges 0.00 0.00 2.99 2.99 Expenses:Legal Fees 0.00 0.00 250.00 250.00 Total Expense 0.00 0.00 252.99 252.99 Grand Total 0.00 0.00 550000.00 550000.00
FiscalAssets.gnucash
Description: application/gnucash
account-customer-matrix.scm
Description: Binary data
_______________________________________________ gnucash-user mailing list [email protected] To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe: https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user ----- Please remember to CC this list on all your replies. You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
